Things to ask agents before listing your home
Below is a series of questions every prospective realtor should be able to answer.
- How much is my home worth? The agent should give you a written complete market analysis of your property’s value which will include a comparison of like properties and a suggested list price based on research. Be careful of inexperienced agents that want listings and give you an inflated price. You also must be careful of agents that under price property to make a quick sale.
- Can you supply me with past references?
- What is the length of the listing agreement? The standard varies from office to office.
- Are you a full time agent?
- Do you have experience in this neighborhood?
- What type of marketing plan do you have?
- Are you up to date with the latest computer technology?
- What would you suggest to make my home show it’s best?
- How many listings do you currently have?
- What has been your past sales this year in the community?
- When should we consider changing the price if our home hasn’t sold?